ALL SHELLS MUST BE LOCATED AS DESIGNATED ON THE Beach Map and Crew Locator (alpha and area) when they become available in March. Our beaches are filled to capacity. Everyone’s cooperation is needed for smooth operations. The map is meant to be a guide only. Place your boats within the designated area marked on the grass.
All shells are stored in, and launched from the Regatta site during the Regatta and are not stored on trailers. Shells should be in place no later than noon on Friday to aid inspections (see 8 below), which will occur all day.
The map shows the general area where your shells are to be placed.
When you arrive you will find each area is on grass, clearly marked with the letter you see on the map, and outlined in chalk.
You may put your shells ONLY within your assigned chalked area, PARALLEL to the lines separating one area from another. Please note that some are on the diagonal compared to adjacent paved areas.
North Areas, near the Dirt Lot Trailer Parking, are on an extreme diagonal with an access aisle down the middle separating them.
Bay Side Areas, on the bay side of the walkway and south of the Sheltered Picnic Area. are tandem with shells one behind the other.
Please respect others by not obstructing the access aisles or rigging/unrigging in an interfering area or manner.
- Beachmasters/Race Officials will inspect for condition and USRowing release/coxswain requirements before the Regatta. This includes placing a colored dot on the stern deck. Do not remove this mark before the shell’s last race.
- It is incumbent on all participating organizations to ensure that all equipment used in the regatta is in full compliance with USRowing Rules and prevailing safety standards.
- Ensure that older equipment used during the Regatta is in good repair before its arrival in San Diego.
- Any shell in such disrepair as likely to sustain breakage under stress WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RACE.
SLINGS, BOW NUMBERS, BOW BALLS
- Slings and racks and bow numbers are not provided.
- No shells will be allowed to race without bow ball and bow number.
- Bow numbers must be stiff opaque plastic, not cardboard or other makeshift material, approximately 5 inch by 8 inch with a 6 inch number. A makeshift marker will not be acceptable.
- A limited supply of bow numbers will be available with a $20.00 exact change refundable deposit.